
My great grama Ruth passed away this morning. She was an incredible woman, with such a heart to serve others. As I was growing up and entering my adult years, I remember always looking up to her. I'll never forget when we asked her how old she was going to be on her birthday, she replied in her own way, "Wellllll, I suppose I would be a year older than I was last year." She always had such a funny way of putting things, usually without actually trying to be funny. A few years ago I really got to spend a lot of time with her and her life was amazing. She told me about her days in the Peace Corp. She told me about growing up in the early 1900's. She showed me her photo albums and school year books. It was a very neat time in my life as I learned how hard it was for her at times. She comes from a time before women could vote, before electricity was common place in a house, before indoor plumbing was common place in a house. I will miss her so much, and I am sad for our loss and the world's loss of such an AMAZING woman. At the same time, I am so happy to see her pass to the other side. She is back to her whitty self again, reunited with her husband (who has been gone for 37 years), and in no pain. We will miss you Grama, but until we meet again....farewell!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Sad and happy
Posted by Adrianna Gimbel at 3:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment