
Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there! I hope you all had a wonderful day! Today I woke up on my own (with no kids coming in waking me up early in the morning), because my best friend had taken my children overnight! It was so nice! I was able to take my time getting ready, and then went to the mall.
At the mall I participated in the 2010 FM YMCA Breast Cancer Walk. I walked in honor of my Grandma Ruth, who is a breast cancer survivor. I had a blast talking with different women (and men) who participated and hearing their stories of how breast cancer has affected them. I walked most of the 3.12 mile walk with a group that called themselves the "Hot Schotts" because they were walking for a family member/friend named Karen Schotts who was currently fighting breast cancer. It was amazing to see how much fun they were having and that almost half of their team were men! I had lots of fun walking with them. It turned out to be a gorgeous morning, with lots of sunshine and just a little bit of wind! It was a great morning!



Sunday, May 9, 2010
Happy Mother's Day/Breast Cancer Walk 2010
Posted by Adrianna Gimbel at 4:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment